If you are unable to locate and access your QBW files, you might be getting the QuickBooks company file missing error. This error code can arise when users are unable to establish a connection with the company file and can get triggered due to some common causes, like an incorrect file path or a damaged hard drive. If you are encountering the QuickBooks Company File Not Found error, you can perform the easy steps given below to tackle the issue once and for all.
In case the effective steps provided in this blog seem too complicated or complex to undertake, you can call our team of QB experts at 1-855-856-0042 to get the best guidance with the company file issues in the app.
QuickBooks Can’t Find Your Company File: Main Reasons and Possible Triggers
The QuickBooks Desktop company file not found error can get triggered due to the common causes and primary factors given below –
- The QBW file path might be incorrect or recently changed, and the file folder containing the company files might be invalid or corrupted.
- There are network connectivity issues in the system, and the connection might be weak, unstable, or unreliable while accessing the company file.
- The hard drive containing your company data might be damaged, corrupted, or have insufficient storage to run the files.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop version might be outdated or old, which can cause compatibility issues while running the QBW files.
- Issues with the ND and TLG files can also affect the company files in QB, leading to the company file not found error.
Must read : How to fix QuickBooks Error PS060
Troubleshooting Methods to Quickly Terminate the Unable to Find QuickBooks Company File Error
The QuickBooks Desktop missing company file error can be successfully rectified by using the reliable methods given below –
Step 1 – Ping the Server by Running the CMD Command from the Run Tab
You can address the QB company file not found issue by pinging the server from the run window.
- Open the Run window from the Start tab and run the CMD command to type ipconfig/all in the search box, followed by hitting Enter.
- Note down the Hostname and type ping [host name] in the appeared text box to send data packets and check their status.
- If you are unable to send the packets or the data packets are lost, consult an IT professional to resolve the issues before accessing the company file.
Step 2 – Change the QBW Company File Location and Access the QB File tab
You need to move the company file to another location to dismiss the company file missing issues.
- Search for File Explorer from the Windows Start tab and find the file with the QBW extension to right-click on it and select the Copy button.
- Paste the file anywhere on your Desktop and right-click the file to hit the Rename button, followed by going to the QuickBooks File menu to select Open or Restore Company for the above-copied file.
The QuickBooks Company File Not Found error can be easily terminated by using the effective steps given in this blog. In case these reliable steps are unsuccessful in fixing the company file issues, you can get direct assistance from our QB experts at 1-855-856-0042 to get immediate help with the error.
You may read also : I am getting QuickBooks Error 1402