Are you unable to open your QuickBooks company file or the backup files? Yes, then it might be due to QuickBooks Error 6147. The error is a 6xxx series glitch that usually happens when the network data file gets corrupted. When the error occurs, the users are unable to access the company file. Inevitably, QuickBooks is the leading accounting software that is trusted by millions of business owners or entrepreneurs. However, despite being the most popular accounting software, it is prone to various technical glitches. Eradicating these errors on time is mandatory as the delay may lead to various consequences. Read this blog to learn more about QuickBooks Error 6147 and its effective troubleshooting methods.
Why Does Error Code 6147 In QuickBooks Appear?
There are plenty of reasons for the occurrence of error code 6147 in QuickBooks. Let us take a quick look at some of the prominent reasons.
- You are still using the outdated QuickBooks version.
- The company file exceeds the maximum number of characters allowed.
- Network and transaction log files got damaged for various reasons.
- The Windows registry files got damaged.
- The system’s firewall is creating a hindrance in establishing a connection between QuickBooks and company files.
Practical Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6147 0
There are a handful of solutions to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6147 0. You can pick any of these solutions. Let us examine the error code 6147 solutions one by one.
Solution 1: Recreate the Damaged.ND and . TLG File
- Open the QuickBooks company files folder and find the network or transaction log files.
- These files have the same name as the company file name but have .nd and .tlg extensions.
- Now, right-click on these files one by one and add .old at the end of the file name.
- Ahead click the tap button to confirm the changes.
- The application will recreate the .nd and .tlg files automatically when you reopen QuickBooks.
Also Read : QuickBooks Error PS032
Solution 2: Run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool From Tool Hub
- Foremost, download the QuickBooks tool hub from Intuit on your system.
- Open the downloaded folder and run the QB_toolhub.exe file.
- Further, agree with the terms and conditions to install the tool on your system.
- Now, open the tool hub after it is installed on your system.
- Ahead, select the company file issues tab after opening the tool.
- Now, click on the Run QuickBooks File Doctor tab to diagnose and fix the problems automatically.
Solution 3: Rename QuickBooks Company File Name
- To begin with, open the QuickBooks folder where company files are saved.
- Now, choose the company file and right-click on it.
- Pick the rename option and change the company file name if the file name is too long.
- Save the file after renaming it.
In this blog we have discussed about how to fix QuickBooks error 6147 and guide you towards resolving it. We understand how frustrating it can be to encounter such errors while using QuickBooks, but worry not, as we have some effective solutions for you. By following the steps mentioned above, we are confident that you will be able to fix the error and continue using QuickBooks smoothly. However, if you find yourself in need of further assistance, our team of experts is just a phone call away. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us for immediate help.
Explore More Topics: addandgrowglobal